“Refuge for the Wild”
The Nairobi Animal Orphanage is located in the Nairobi National Park. It serves a treatments and rehabilitation centre for wild animals. The Orphanage hosts lions, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals, serval cats, rare Sokoke cats, warthogs, leopards, various monkeys, baboons and buffalo. Various birds can also be viewed including parrots, guinea fowls, crowned cranes and ostriches.
Lion, cheetah, hyena, jackal, serval cat, very rare Sokoke cats, warthog, Leopard, various monkeys, baboons and buffalo.
Parrots,guinea fowls,crowned cranes and ostriches.
Protected Area Type
When to go
How to get there
- Roads: Only about 7km from the city centre, the animal orphanage is easily accessible on tarmac roads, off Lang'ata Road,Kenya Wildlife Service Head Office.
- Close-up,views of animals
- Animal adoption programme
Visitors for the Animal Orphanage can stay in various Lodges and Hotels in Nairobi
Park Entry Fee
Nairobi Animal Orphanage
* Kindly refer to the KWS Conservation Fees document below for other services and charges
* Mode of payment; Pay for your entry to any of our Parks or Reserves via eCitizen government platform.
* Create a personal account on the eCitizen Government platform by visiting https://kws.ecitizen.go.ke and make park payments in advance for a fast and convenient park entry.
P.O. Box 42076-00100 Nairobi