"Green Hills of Africa"
Verdant rolling hills of endless green, great blue skies and spectacular landscape views are what the Chyulu Hills provide to nature lovers. Large mammals include buffalo, bushbucks, elands, elephants, leopards, giant forest hogs, bush pigs, reedbucks and giraffes along with various reptiles and insects. Horse riding, camping, mountain climbing and bird watching can be enjoyed in this hidden part of paradise.
Protected Area Type
When to go
What to take with you
- Drinking water, picnic items and camping equipment if you intend to stay overnight.
- Also useful are: binoculars, camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and guidebooks, torches for those who would like to explore the caves
How to get there
- Roads: By road from Kibwezi: turn right off the Mombasa Road (coming from Nairobi) at Kibwezi, onto a sign posted road that leads after 9 Kms to Kithasyo Gate and Park HQ. By road from Tsavo West: It is possible to enter the park from Tsavo West
- By Air: The Park has two airstrips
- Breathtaking views from the chyllu Hills,cave exploration,one camp site next to park headquaters
- Reptiles:Black Mamba, Puff Adder, Rock Python, Gecko, Tortoise, Lizard
- Insects/arthropods:Dung Beetles, Butterflies, Tsetse fly
- Common Animals:Buffalo; Bushbuck; Eland; Elephant, Leopard; giant forest hog ,bush Pig; reedbuck, mountain; Steinbok; giraffe
Park Entry Fee
Chyulu Hills National Park
Non - Resident
* Kindly refer to the KWS Conservation Fees document below for other services and charges.
* Mode of payment; Pay for your entry to any of our Parks or Reserves via eCitizen government platform.
* Create a personal account on the eCitizen Government platform by visiting https://kws.ecitizen.go.ke and make park payments in advance for a fast and convenient park entry.
Chyulu Hills National Park,
P.O Box 458 - 90137,