Rising from the floor of the Great Rift Valley like a monolith is the extinct volcano of Mount Longonot. A unique feature is the thick forest that lies within the crater of the mountain. The crater rim also provides great scenic views across the beautiful Rift Valley all the way to Lake Naivasha. Major wildlife attractions at Mount Longonot include buffaloes, elands, lion, leopard, bushbucks, common zebra, giraffe and Grant’s gazelles.
- Buffalos, Gazelles, Impala and girrafe
Protected Area Type
When to go
What to take with you
- Drinking water, picnic items and camping equipment if you intend to stay overnight.
- Also useful are: binoculars, camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and guidebook
How to get there
- The park is accessible via tarmac road from Nairobi (90 kms)
- Extinct volcano and crater forest, Scenic Landscape, Views of lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley.
- The park is a paradise for birds of prey
Park Entry Fee
Mount Longonot National Park
* Kindly refer to the document KWS Tarrifs 2016 below for other services and charges
Hotline: 0774 337 577
Mt. Longonot National Park,
P.O. Box 234-20117,