“The World’s only Wildlife Capital”
A short drive out of Nairobi’s central business district is the Nairobi National Park. Wide open grass plains and backdrop of the city scrapers, scattered acacia bush play host to a wide variety of wildlife including the endangered black rhino, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, buffaloes, giraffes and diverse birdlife with over 400 species recorded. Visitors can enjoy the park’s picnic sites, three campsites and the walking trails for hikers.
- Animals include buffalo, giraffe, lion, leopard, baboon, zebra, wildebeest and cheetah---100 mammal species.
- 400 migratory and endemic bird species.
For corporate events, bush dinners, weddings, picnics, team building sessions, video and film production
- King Fisher
- historic ivory burning site
Protected Area Type
When to go
What to take with you
- Drinking water, picnic items.
- Also useful are: binoculars, camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and a guidebook
How to get there
- By Road: Distance: 10km South of Nairobi City Center
- By Air: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and Wilson Airports
- The only Wildlife park in the world that is so close to the city
- Black rhinoceros :which is an endangered species
- The first park to be gazetted in Kenya on December 16, 1946
- Major rhino sanctuary for breeding and restocking other parks
- Diverse birdlife:Has over 400 bird species. At least 20 of which are seasonal European migrants.
- Home to over 100 mammal species, four of the Big Five (lion, Buffalo, leopard and rhino)
- Has a spectacular wildebeest and zebra migration
- Large predators- lion, leopard, hyena and cheetah.
- Aggregations of large herbivores- eland, buffalo, zebra and wildebeest
- Ivory Burning Site Monument
- Walking trails at hippo pools
- Nairobi Safari Walk & the Orphanage.
- Spacious accommodating picnic sites
Park Entry Fee
Nairobi National Park
* Kindly refer to the document KWS Tarrifs 2016 below for other services and charges
* Modes of Payment; MPESA, VISA Card, Direct Deposits to KWS Bank Accounts at any gate